Musical Fidelity M8sPRE Pre-Amplifier
- Free Shipping
The M8s is a pre-amplifier without limits. From its performance to its connectivity, via quality fit and finish, the M8s makes a superlative centrepiece for almost any system.
The M8s has a wide array of inputs including a low noise MM/MC phono stage, 2 balanced inputs (1 with home theatre bypass option), 3 line inputs (one with home theatre bypass option) and a fully configured tape in/out loop.
The M8s Pre-amp has very high input overload margins. This means that it has a completely stress free sound. The outputs are very low impedance and high current so that it can drive virtually any power amp in existence through any length cable (balanced or single ended).
Technical measurements are testament to the M8s’s exceptional engineering: from ultra-low distortion to virtually perfect frequency response, and ultra low noise.
The M8s’s will drive any power amplifier over any length of cable. Although, obviously, it’s perfect partner is a pair of M8s-700m monobloc amplifiers.
Listening to the M8s Pre with the M8s-700m monobloc is quite an experience. The music is reproduced with no stress, no colouration and sense of relaxation and transparency that are music to the ears and balm to the soul.
Features & Specifications
- THD(+ noise) – single ended: <0.005%
- THD(+ noise) – XLR Balanced: <0.004%
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >118dB ‘A’-weighted
- Frequency Response: +0, –1dB, 5Hz to 100 kHz
- Inputs 2 x XLR balanced line level (1 with home theatre bypass)
- 5 x RCA / phono line level (1 with home theatre bypass)
- Trigger in
- 1 x RCA pre out
- 1 x XLR balanced pre out
- 1 x RCA fixed out
- Trigger out
- Dimensions – WxHxD (mm): 440 x 162 x 400
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 17 kg / 23 kg