Musical Fidelity MX-HPA Headphone Amplifier
- Free Shipping
Years of experience in making high quality headphone amps have been distilled into the design of the MX-HPA. As a result, this fully-balanced headphone amp offers an awe-inspiring listening experience.
The MX-HPA’s technical performance is stunning. Typically, distortion from 20 Hz to 40 kHz is less than 0.005%. Signal-to-noise ratio is better than 120dB (‘A’ weighted). Frequency response is ruler flat from 10 Hz to 20 kHz (-0.1dB).
The MX-HPA is capable of a short-term peak of 10 watts (for one cycle) and has two gain positions: 18dB (8X) and 24dB (15X). Inputs are either balanced or single-ended. The MX-HPA will automatically convert single-ended inputs to balanced. The MX-HPA is genuinely fully balanced from beginning to end.
Features & Specifications
- Power 1.8 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (27dBW)
- Maximum output voltage 19 Volts RMS, 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Onset of clipping (54 Volts peak-to-peak) balanced
- THD+N >0.005% typical, 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Signal / noise ratio >120dB ‘A’-weighted
- Input impedance 50k Ohms
- Frequency response +0, –0.1dB, 10Hz to 20 kHz
- Gain, LO position (volume max) 18db (8x)
- Gain, HI position (volume max) 24dB (15x)
- Line level inputs
- 1 pair line level XLR (balanced) connectors
- 1 pairs line level RCA connectors
- Headphone outputs
- 1 pair 3-pin XLR/¼” stereo Jack combined sockets
- Mains voltages 90-250VAC 50-60Hz universal worldwide supply
- Consumption >0.25 Watts standby (Orange LED lit)
- 15 Watts maximum (Blue LED lit, full power output)
- Dimensions – WxHxD (mm): 220 (82/3”) x 53 (2”) x 240 mm (9½”)
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 2.2 kg (5 lbs) / 3.7 kg (8¼ lbs)
There are no reviews yet.