Monitor Audio Hyphn Floorstanding Loudspeakers (pair)
- Free Shipping
Unique in shape, unparalleled in performance, Hyphn is the result of an intense collaboration between our designers and engineers, who set out to build the best loudspeaker anyone has ever heard.
Featuring the new M-Array high- and mid-frequency driver array and four force-cancelled 8” bass drivers per speaker, Hyphn is capable of delivering an unrivalled listening experience.
Hyphn is unlike anything Monitor Audio, or anyone else, has ever created. A statement of a flagship loudspeaker, conceived and engineered upon an R&D philosophy of maintaining a balance between design and technology, that we call our Transparent Design Philosophy.
Revolutionising what is achievable for high-end home audio, Hyphn features the 3rd generation, Micro Pleated Diaphragm (MPD III) high frequency transducer at the centre of the M-Array. A breakthrough in high- and mid-frequency transducer technology, it provides an acoustic and physical link to the twin bass cabinets that sit either side of it, and contain four force-cancelled 8” bass drivers, capable of delivering impressive levels of tight, impactful bass.
The result of five decades of knowledge and innovation, Hyphn delivers a dramatically enhanced listening experience, with a visually striking presence.
Features & Specifications
- The unique M-Array configuration features a single MPD III Transducer surrounded by six RDT III dedicated midrange drivers
- 3rd generation MPD III high-frequency transducers reduce distortion, flatten frequency response and lead to wider, cleaner more consistent and lifelike sound
- RDT III cone produces piston-like control even under the most extreme performance, providing a more precise, lifelike tonal balance and lower distortion
- Newly optimised Mid-range drivers ensure a completely smooth frequency transition with Tweeter
- Carefully engineered crossovers produced to ensure the most exact and controlled sound performance across full frequency spectrum
- Hyphn is available in three incredible finishes: Matte Black, Matte Heritage Green and Pure Satin White
Sensitivity (2.83Vrms @ 1m)
Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS into 4 Ohm, Music Signal)
200 – 1,600W
Continuous Power Handling (RMS into Nominal Impedance, Pink Noise with 6dB Crest Factor)
Minimum Impedance (20 Hz to 20 kHz)
3.5 Ohm @ 2.2 kHz
Drive Unit Complement
4 x 8″ RDT III Bass Driver
6 x 2″ RDT III Midrange Driver
1 x MPD III Tweeter
Frequency Response (In-room, -6dB)
18 Hz – 60 kHz
Maximum Peak SPL (single speaker @1m Z-Weighted)
Port Tuning Frequency
350 Hz, 3.7 kHz
External Dimensions (Inc. plinth) (H x W x D)
1392 x 502 x 520 mm (54 13/16 x 19 3/4 x 20 1/2“)
Weight (Inc. plinth, ex. packaging)
106.9 kg (235 lbs 10.7 oz)