JL Audio Fathom IWS-SYS-208 Dual 8-inch (200 mm) In-Wall Powered Subwoofer System
- Free Shipping
Born from the same groundbreaking technologies used to develop our free-standing powered subwoofers, the Fathom® IWS in-wall subwoofer systems deliver remarkable bass performance, while remaining largely concealed within most home audio/theater environments.
The 8-inch Fathom® IWS systems are smaller and easier to integrate than our larger in-wall Fathoms, fitting in all standard, 16-inch, on-center stud openings, and operating through very small grilles. These grilles accommodate all common drywall thicknesses, and can be easily painted to match the wall.
The subwoofer enclosures utilize extensive architectural features aimed at improving rigidity while keeping a very low profile and minimal wall thickness. A unique port design vents through a slot located at the perimeter of the driver mount to enhance efficiency and low-bass output. Inside the enclosure is a long-excursion, 8-inch thin-line woofer, built to exacting standards by JL Audio for the Fathom® IWS products.
Each 8-inch Fathom® IWS system is powered by a rack-mountable amplifier, capable of generating up to 600 watts of clean power and can drive up to two enclosures. A complete set of Fathom® signal processing features is also onboard, including our powerful, 18-band Digital Automatic Room Optimization (D.A.R.O.) system, all managed via an easy-to-use, menu-driven interface and LCD display. Note: D.A.R.O. functionality requires optional calibration microphone (sold separately).
The IWS-108 System fits 2″ x 4″ wall studs or larger. Consult your Authorized JL Audio Dealer for specific application information.
Enclosure Finish: Flat Black (hidden from view when installed)
Grille finish: Primer White (paintable)
Enclosure Construction: CNC-Cut Birch Plywood
Features & Specifications
- Enclosure Type Ported
- Enclosure Finish Black Texture-Coated
- Frequency Response (Anechoic) 24.9 Hz – 109 Hz (± 1.5 dB) -3dB at 24.6 Hz / 111 Hz -10dB at 23.4 Hz / 118 Hz
- Effective Piston Area (Sd) 63.24 sq in / 0.0408 sq m
- Effective Displacement 95.0 cu in / 1.56 L
- Amplifier Power 600 W RMS short-term
- Power Mode(s) Off, On or Automatic (Signal-Sensing or 12V Trigger)
- 12V Trigger Output Capacity 150 mA (1/8-inch/3.5mm mini jack)
- Light Modes N/A
- Unbalanced Inputs Stereo or Mono (two RCA jacks – Input Impedance of 50k Ohms)
- Speaker/High-Level Inputs Stereo or Mono (removable plug – Input Impedance of 4.4k Ohms)
- Input Grounding Isolated or Grounded
- Level Control Reference (fixed gain) or Variable from -50dB to +15dB over reference gain (0.5 dB increments)
- Filter Mode(s) Low-Pass, with tracking High-Pass Outputs
- Filter Slope(s) 12/24 dB/octave
- Filter Frequency Range 30 Hz – 130.1 Hz
- Filter Defeat Function Yes
- Polarity 0 or 180 degrees
- Delay (Phase) Variable from 0 – 25 ms (0.1 ms increments, Sub and HP outputs)
- Extreme Low Frequency (E.L.F.) Trim Variable, -12 dB to +3 dB at 25 Hz (0.5 dB increments)
- Line Outputs Stereo or Mono (two RCA jacks – Pass-Through or High-Pass)
- Subwoofer Outputs Neutrik speakOn® 2-Pole Connectors (uses Neutrik part: NL2FX)
- Calibration Mode Digital Automatic Room Optimization (D.A.R.O.), requires microphone (sold separately)
- Equalizer Bands 3
- Equalizer Frequency Range 20 to 160 Hz (1 Hz increments)
- Equalizer Gain Range -12 dB to +12 dB (0.2 dB increments)
- Equalizer Q Range 0.7 to 5.0 (0.1 increments)