Focal Sopra Surround Be Loudspeaker (each)
- Free Shipping
AMPLIFIED HOME CINEMA
2-WAY SURROUND LOUDSPEAKER
Surround Be features an exclusive “Bi/Twin” design with twin inputs, enabling the loudspeaker to be used both in 5.1 (Bipolar mode) or 7.1 (double mono mode). This feature avoids having multiple surround loudspeakers in your Home Cinema.
Surround Be is composed of:
- 2 x 6-1/2″ (16.5cm) “W” cone bass/midrange
- 2 x pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeters
- Compact high-performance loudspeaker
- Speaker drivers developed and manufactured in France by Focal
Optimised acoustic performance
The ‘W’ composite sandwich cone permits total optimization of the frequency response curve, thanks to the total control of three key parameters: lightness, rigidity and damping. These unique characteristics of lightness and rigidity provide control of the signal transmission speed inside the material.
Due to its incredible rigidity, Beryllium represents the ultimate material for a tweeter dome. After two years of research and development, Focal produced a world first: a pure Beryllium inverted dome, able to cover more than five octaves. You will improve the perception of transients and other micro details.
The pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter offers a perfectly linear frequency response and extremely precise and detailed treble.
As well, the linearity of the speaker’s response curve is mainly a function of three opposite parameters: lightness, rigidity and damping.
Features & Specifications
- Two-way sealed bipolar surround loudspeaker
- Speaker drivers
- 2 x 6.5″ (16.5 cm) “W” cone bass/midrange
2 x 1-1/16″ (27 mm) pure Beryllium inverted
- Frequency response (+/- 3dB)
- 72Hz – 40kHz
- Low frequency point – 6dB
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m)
- Nominal impedance
- 4 Ohms / 8 Ohms
- Minimum impedance
- 3 Ohms / 6 Ohms (bipolar/mono
- Crossover frequency
- Recommended amplifier power
- 40 – 200W
- 16 x 17 x 8″ (390 x 430 x 190mm)
- 28lbs (12.6kg)