Trinnov Altitude 16 Processor
- Free Shipping
The groundbreaking Altitude32 processor set the bar high — and we didn’t lower it for the Altitude16. Delivering the same processing capabilities and sound quality as the Altitude32 processor, the Altitude16 makes Trinnov’s best-in-class performance accessible to a wider audience who’s immersive audio system requirements will not exceed 20 channels.
Equipped with Dolby Atmos, Auro-3D, and DTS:X Pro immersive audio decoders, the Altitude16 renders up to 20 discrete channels of information, natively processes high-resolution 24 bit / 96K audio, enables up to four-way active crossovers and presents no limitations in terms of Atmos and DTS:X channel assignments or subwoofer outputs.
UNIQUE DECODING AND RENDERING
The Altitude16 joins the Altitude32 as the only AV Processors on the market capable of decoding and rendering Dolby Atmos Home content with any 20-channel speaker layout.
When it comes to channel count, the devil is in the details when it matters which channels are supported. Within its 20-channel capability, the Altitude16 supports any speaker layout, including multiple side surround speakers and high numbers of subwoofers.
In 2019, Trinnov worked closely with DTS to introduce DTS:X Pro to the consumer market.
Altitude owners enjoyed this major upgrade a year before our competitors could offer it. It benefits not only native DTS:X playback, but also the Neural:X upmixer, which greatly improves immersive playback of traditional soundtracks, maximizing speaker usage and listening envelopment.
The founders of Trinnov and Auro Technologies know each other well, having been at the forefront of immersive sound research and development dating back to the early 2000s.
Auro-3D, up to 13.1 channel configuration has been available on the Altitude32 since 2015. The Auro-Matic upmixer, highly popular among Altitude owners for music playback is also supported for all inputs.
Our world-renowned Loudspeaker/Room Optimizer is recognized as best-in-class by users and reviewers across the professional, commercial cinema and high-end home audio worlds. Introduced to the pro audio market in 2006, its revolutionary solution was quickly embraced by many of the most demanding music, broadcast and post-production sound engineers.
Optimizer technology is now used in nearly 2,000 studios across the globe with nearly 10,000 high-performance installations worldwide.
This same technology, enhanced and refined over the years, is at the heart of the Altitude. To this day, the Optimizer remains the most powerful and flexible calibration system available.
STEP BY STEP WIZARD
First-time users will find the Altitude Wizard an invaluable tool for setup and calibration.
This onboard software guides the integrator through the entire process, step-by-step.
From configuring the speaker layout, setting up the input and outputs, to the microphone setup and calibration, the Wizard greatly simplifies the process of getting the Altitude up and running.
EXCLUSIVE 3D REMAPPING TECHNOLOGY
In real-world rooms, we can’t always place speakers where we should. And in any case, Dolby, DTS, and Auro each have a different idea of where they should go. Trinnov’s exclusive, patented Remapping is the only solution.
During calibration, Trinnov’s unique 3D microphone precisely maps the location of each loudspeaker in the room regarding distance, azimuth, and elevation.
When decoding a particular soundtrack, we know the intended placement of each of the various sound elements. Then Remapping, taking the reality of the room into account, ‘remaps’ errant sounds to the proper locations by using adjacent speakers and the principle of stereo imaging.
This feature increases the capacity of the processor to a total of 20 discrete channel decoding and Optimization.
Combining the 16 analog outputs and 2x S/PDIF outputs of the processor, Trinnov unlocked the full potential of the Altitude16.
This update comes free of charge to all Altitude16 owners. By adding S/PDIF / Analog converters to their system, Trinnov customers can add extra subwoofers or channels to their system to increase its performance.
UNIQUE BASS MANAGEMENT
The Bass Management solution in the Altitude gives users the most sophisticated tool available for managing low frequencies.
Complete flexibility regarding high and low pass frequencies, filter types, and filter slopes is just the beginning. The low-frequency content of any channel can be fed to any combination of subwoofers, and there is no limitation to the number of subwoofer channels other than the number of available outputs.
Going further, our unique intermediate bass management system is ideal for immersive systems using smaller height channel speakers. It can redirect low frequencies not just to subwoofers, but from a speaker with limited bass capability to the closest, more-capable speaker, before sending the lowest frequencies to the subs.
Through its Paris-based server, Trinnov enables remote access to any processor connected to the Internet.
Integrators can remotely access each processor they have installed, with full control of all parameters, thus eliminating the need to be on site to adjust a customer’s system or to diagnose problems.
In addition, the Trinnov factory support team, based in the United States and France, and acknowledged as among the best in the industry, also has remote access to provide higher-level remote assistance and troubleshooting.
HDMI and its evolving standards continue to create challenges for manufacturers, integrators and end users. Rest assured that the Altitude philosophy of sustainability applies to HDMI. The Altitude’s modular hardware design ensures that future developments of the HDMI standard will not make the processor obsolete. All Altitudes will be upgradeable to HDMI 2.1.
Today, our proprietary software platform enables users to monitor and analyze all incoming and outgoing HDMI data directly on the Altitude, in addition to providing unique tools that can address HDMI incompatibility issues.
THE CINEMA DESIGNER
The Cinema Designer (TCD) is a powerful online design tool that allows integrators and system designers to create not only technically impeccable cinema designs in a matter of minutes, but also a complete set of support documents and aesthetic room renderings.
Trinnov Altitude processors and Amplitude amplifiers are fully supported in the TCD software, enabling designers to integrate the Altitude in the most complex speaker layouts in a matter of minutes.
TCD integrates Trinnov’s exclusive recommendation for speaker placement by default.
Trinnov’s exclusive, award-winning software platform is at the heart of the Altitude16. Industry organizations and publications have honored it for its new features and continuous improvements, delivered to owners at no cost. Over time, this effectively makes their Altitudes new products.
Features & Specifications
OBJECT BASED DECODING
- Dolby Atmos® Native Decoding & Upmix:Up to 20 discrete channels
- Auro-3D® Native Decoding & Up-mix (Auromatic):Up to 13.1
- DTS:X® Pro:Up to 20 discrete channels
- Speaker Layouts support:All
- IMAX Enhanced:Yes
- Output 1:HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2
- Output 2:HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2
- Maximum Resolution:4K UHD on all ins / outs
- Maximum Bandwidth:18Gbps on all inputs
- Frame rates supported:24/25/30/50/60 fps (UHD) 120 fps (HD)
- ARC / eARC:Available on Output 1
- 4K to 1080 Downscaling:Available on Output 1
- OSD:Volume information displayed on-screen
DIGITAL AUDIO CONNECTIVITY
- S/PDIF Inputs:x4 (2 optical, 2 coaxial)
- S/PDIF Outputs:x2 (1 optical, 1 coaxial)
- +4 Outputs:By combining Analog and S/PDIF outputs
- Audio Network:Dual ports (for future use)
ANALOGUE AUDIO CONNECTIVITY
- Microphone input:1x 5 Pin XLR for 3D Microphone
- Balanced inputs:1x Stereo XLR
- Unbalanced inputs:1x Stereo RCA
- Balanced outputs:16x XLR
- Input Impedance:20k Ohms / 10k Ohms
- Data precision:64 bits, floating point
- Max Sampling Rate:Native, up to 96kHz
- Processor:Intel multi core hyper threaded
- ADC Resolution / Sampling Rate:24 bits/96 kHz
- DAC Resolution / Sampling Rate:24 bits/192 kHz
- A/D Signal-To-Noise Ratio:119 dB (A-Weighted)
- D/A Signal-To-Noise Ratio:118 dB (A-Weighted)
- Reference Level:+18dBu @ 0dBFS (Balanced)
- Clock / Jitter:attenuation > 50 dB above 100Hz
- Cooling system:Custom heat sinks + additional silent fans
- Safety Components:AntiPop relays on each output
- Power requirement:100 – 240v (auto selecting)
- Power consumption:76W Max
- Thermal conversion:260 BTU/h Max
- Mains fuse:2x 1A slow blow
- Internal PSUs:Separated supplies for Audio and Processing
WEIGHT & DIMENSIONS
- Dimensions (W x H x D) mm:438 x 139 x 430
- Dimensions (W x H x D) inches:17 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ x 17 15/16″
- Shipping dimensions (L x H x P) cm:74 x 59 x 30
- Weight:11.30kg / 24.9 lbs
- Shipping weight / volume:18.2kg / 0.131 M3
- Rackmounting:3U – Rack Ears Included
- Standard Warranty:5 year
There are no reviews yet.