KEF Blade – Pair
BLADE is the world’s first Single Apparent Source loudspeaker and the production version of the cost no object Concept Blade project KEF revealed at the Munich High End Show in 2009.
BLADE is the result of KEF’s best and brightest engineers being given free rein to create the ultimate loudspeaker without design or cost limitations. The BLADE concept took years to come to fruition but resulted in a loudspeaker that looks and sounds like no other, the next challenge was to turn it into a product that music lovers could own and enjoy.
BLADE was so successful and received so many prestigious awards that we developed a second version: BLADE TWO. This has the same iconic design and technology in a scaled down cabinet that can be accommodated in smaller rooms. It has the same DNA, same unique single apparent source configuraiton and most importanlty, the same phenomenally realistic sound.
Features & Specifications
- Model BLADE
- Design Three-way bass reflex,
- Single apparent source driver configuration
- Drive Units Uni-Q driver array:
- MF: 125mm (5in.) Li-Mg-Al /LCP hybrid cone
- HF: 25mm (1in.) Al dome
- Bass units:
- LF: 4 x 225mm (9in.) with force cancelling
- Frequency range free field (-6dB) 28Hz – 45kHz
- Frequency range typical in room bass response (-6dB) 20Hz
- Frequency Response (±3dB) 40Hz – 35kHz ±3dB
- (-6dB at 28Hz)
- Crossover frequency 350Hz, 2.3kHz
- Amplifier requirements 50 – 400W
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 91dB
- Harmonic distortion 2nd & 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m) <0.5% 40Hz – 100kHz
- <0.2% 200Hz – 10kHz
- Maximum output (peak sound pressure level at 1m with pink noise) 117dB
- Impedance 4Ω (min. 3.2Ω)
- Weight 57.2 kg (126 lbs)
- Dimensions – with plinth (H x W x D) 1590 x 363 x 540 mm
- 62.5 x 14.3 x 21.2 in.