Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home Universal Remote
Entertainment and home automation control
The Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home does more than just give you convenient one-touch control over your home entertainment system. It also lets you operate many home automation systems. So you can control your Lutron dimmers, Nest Learning Thermostat, August smart locks and more all from the same device — your smartphone or tablet.
You can also control up to 15 different home theater components with your mobile device. The system gives you everything you need — a free downloadable app, a wireless hub to forward commands from your phone to your A/V components, and a powerful remote for others to use.
Intuitive control through the Harmony App
Harmony’s free app is available to both iPhone® and Android™ users. Swipe your phone’s touchscreen to change from one component’s control panel to the next. You can also group commands together under one-touch activity icons for both entertainment and home automation control.
Tap “Watch Movie” for example, and the app automatically turns on your TV, receiver, and Blu-ray player — whatever combination is required to make it work in your system. Select “Good Morning,” and your Lutron-controlled blinds open and lights turns on, and your bedroom stereo system starts playing music.
Control devices behind closed doors
The Harmony Hub connects to your home Wi-Fi® network and converts signals from your smartphone into infrared (IR) signals your components can understand. This handy low-profile hub comes with two infrared mini-blasters so you can control components stored behind closed cabinet doors.
Game consoles are covered, too. The hub uses Bluetooth® to communicate with your PS3® and Wii® consoles and uses IR for controlling your Xbox 360® or Xbox One™. That eliminates the need for extra remotes, and frees up USB connections on your consoles.
All this and a powerful hand-held remote, too
The Ultimate Home system comes with an intuitive remote. Its swipe and tap touchscreen lets you quickly navigate through functions, and it features the same one-touch entertainment and home automation controls as the app.
The remote uses vibration feedback to confirm when it receives your command, so you don’t have to look away from the TV. Just place the remote on its charging station to keep its rechargeable batteries powered up. But even if you forget to replace it, don’t worry. The touchscreen and backlighting for the buttons are motion-activated, to save power when the remote’s not in use.
Simple, guided setup has always been a big part of Harmony’s success. Just download the free MyHarmony software to your Mac or PC. Then connect the Harmony Hub to it via the provided USB cable. MyHarmony will help you program your remote by asking some simple questions about your system and how you use it. It then downloads the commands and command sequences and sends them wirelessly to your remote. And you can use MyHarmony to update your remote whenever you upgrade your system with new gear.
Features & Specifications
Harmony Ultimate Home Remote System: The Harmony Ultimate Home remote system provides maximum flexibility for controlling your home entertainment and automation gear. Choose to control your home entertainment or automation system from the included remote or from the Harmony App on your Apple iOS or Android device. You can control up to 15 different devices from the Harmony Ultimate Home remote system.
Simple Setup: MyHarmony.com is the website where you configure the Harmony Ultimate Home remote system. By connecting the Hub to your Mac or Windows computer (via included USB cable) and following the instructions at MyHarmony, you can enter your device information, create Activities, and choose your Favorites. With this information, MyHarmony will configure the Harmony Ultimate Home system to operate your entertainment system. You can also choose to setup and configure the Harmony Ultimate Home system from the Harmony Control app on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device. You can return to the MyHarmony website or the Harmony Control app any time to update your configuration. The Harmony database has over 270,000 electronic devices from over 6,000 manufacturers.
System Requirements: There are minimum system requirements for using MyHarmony on your computer.
- Windows-based PC:
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32/64-bit), 7 (32/64-bit), Vista (32-bit) or XP (32-bit)
- USB type-A port
- Internet access (Internet Explorer 8+, Chrome 16+, Firefox 11+)
- Intel-based Mac Computer:
- Macintosh OS X 10.6 or later
- USB type-A port
- Internet access (Firefox 11+, Safari 4+)
Harmony Hub: The Harmony Home Hub is the center of your home entertainment and home control solution. Whether you use the Harmony App on your compatible mobile device or the Harmony Ultimate remote control, the hub stores your setup information and communicates between the remote control or app and your entertainment system devices. Placed near your television, set top box, game console and other equipment, it uses Infrared (IR), Bluetooth (RF), and WiFi to control your various devices.
- Bluetooth (RF): The factory default setting for the remote is to output only radio frequency (RF) signals to communicate with the Harmony Hub, which then relays the commands to your devices using infrared (IR). The remote can also be programmed to emit IR signals directly to the equipment to be controlled.
- Infrared (IR): IR signals are sent from the hub and reflect off of walls and other surfaces before reaching your devices. Direct line of sight is generally not required. IR mini blasters extend the range of the Harmony Hub allowing you to control devices that are on other shelves or outside of your cabinet, such as a television. The remote can also be programmed to emit IR signals directly to the equipment to be controlled.
- WiFi Connection: Connecting your Harmony Hub to your WiFi network has multiple advantages, such as enabling use of the Harmony app on your smartphone/tablet, providing Philips hue lighting control, and wirelessly syncing settings between your remote and your MyHarmony account. The Harmony Hub supports 802.11g/n with WPA Personal, WPA2-AES, or 64/128-bit WEP encryption.
Smartphone Control via the Harmony App: In addition to the remote control that comes with your Harmony Ultimate, you can use select Apple iOS and Android smartphones with the Harmony Control App as a remote control. Your smartphone will communicate with the Harmony Hub over WiFi, allowing your smartphone/tablet to control your devices. You get control over entertainment devices and home automation products. You can use swipe or tap gestures to control the adjust volume, change channels, fast forward, rewind, and more. Plus you get access to one-touch Activity controls and Favorite channels. From the app you can also enter model numbers and brands to add devices.
- Apple iOS: Download the Harmony Control App from the Apple App store onto your Apple iOS (6.0+) device.
- Android: Download the Harmony Control app from the Google Play store onto your Android (OS 4.0+) device.
Note: Your Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same WiFi network as the Harmony Ultimate Home Hub.
Full-Color Touchscreen w/ Gesture Commands: The included remote’s 2.4″ full-color touchscreen gives you easy gesture control of the remote’s commands and activities (up to 11 different gesture motions). The remote vibrates to give you tactile feedback about when a tap, swipe or other gesture has been recognized by the remote. The remote display automatically lights up when the remote control is moved.
- Swipe up/down
- Swipe up/down and hold
- Swipe left/right
- Swipe left/right and hold
- Double tap
- Long press
Note: The numeric keypad is now located on the touchscreen.
Ergonomic Design: The remote’s sculpted backlit buttons allow you to easily operate the remote in the dark, while its ergonomic design allows the unit to fit comfortably in your hand.
One-Touch Controls: The Harmony Ultimate Home uses Activity Control to give you one-touch control of your home entertainment & automation system.
- Entertainment Activities: You can create Activities that manage how you use your devices together. For example, if you have a TV, AV receiver, and cable or satellite box, you will want to control all of these devices when you watch TV. To control all of these devices together, create a Watch TV Activity. When you have completed adding your Watch TV Activity, you can add the other Activities that you want your Harmony Ultimate to control. The types of Activities that MyHarmony offers you depends on the types of devices you have added. You can add multiple Activities based on each type of Activity offered, such as Watch TV, Watch Movie, or Play Game.
- Custom Activities: Most Activities should fit into one of the Activity types offered. The Custom Activity type is recommended only for home appliances such as light controllers, fans, climate control devices, etc. The Custom Activity does not provide optimized defaults such as button customizations, Activity icons, and Favorite Channels as the other predefined Activity types do. These may be configured manually from MyHarmony.
- One Touch System Off: The Off button on the Harmony Ultimate remote powers off all of the devices for an Activity with one touch. For example, in a Watch TV Activity that uses a TV, Cable Box, and AV Receiver, pressing the Off button will power off all three devices at the same time.
Note: The Harmony Ultimate knows the current state of the devices it controls by remembering the last Activity you selected. For example, if you switch from watching cable TV to watching a DVD, the Harmony Ultimate knows that it doesn’t need to power the TV off and back on; it just leaves the TV turned on. It also it knows that it needs to power off the cable box and power on the DVD player.
Favorites: The Favorites screen allows you to view your predefined favorite TV channels and station icons (when available). Using the MyHarmony website you can select up to 50 Favorite Channels to display on the remote. Selecting a Favorite Channel will start your “Watch TV” Activity, if it’s not already started, and tune directly to that channel. Using the touchscreen, you can add, remove and reorder your Favorite Channels right on the remote. The Harmony App on your smartphone allows you to customize Favorite Channels unique to each smartphone. Changes made on your smartphone or on your Harmony remote only affect the device on which they are made and will not be reflected on the other devices.
Command Customization: The Harmony Ultimate Home remote allows you to customize the commands that each button sends, or what commands appear in your Activity list. These button mappings may be unique for each of your Activities. This allows each button or screen to have different functions based on context. For example, in your Watch a DVD Activity, the yellow button may perform the eject command, while in your Listen to Music Activity this same yellow button may be used to pull up your Favorite preset.
Home Automation: The Harmony Ultimate Home lets you integrate home automation with home entertainment control to create personalized home experiences.
- Philips Hue Lighting: The Harmony Ultimate Home is able to communicate with Philips hue wireless lighting systems when your Harmony is configured to use your home’s WiFi network. Once paired with hue, a light bulb will appear in the lower left corner of your remote allowing you to control your Philips hue light bulbs. Light, color, and brightness settings can be configured for each Activity. For example, you could turn on lights and turn them blue when you watch TV, and dim the lights and turn them yellow for a movie. These settings can be programmed as part of an Activity so that optimal lighting will always be set for each Activity.
- Other Smart Home Automation: Using the Harmony Ultimate Home system you’ll also be able to control smart home automation devices from Nest, Lutron, August, and PEQ from the included remote or the Harmony mobile app.
Learning Function: In addition to the devices which can be entered using the web interface, this remote can also learn most functions of other infrared remotes.
Lithium-Ion Battery + Recharging Docking Station: The Harmony Ultimate Home remote control includes an integrated rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, which provides up to a one-week charge under normal use. The remote comes with a docking station and AC power adapter that keeps the remote fully charged.
Interference Warning: Avoid operating your devices using the original, manufactures remote control or by powering it on and off using the buttons on the device itself as doing so will cause Harmony to become out of sync with your devices. For example, if you select the Watch TV Activity and then use your TV remote to turn off the TV, the next time you want to select an Activity, the Harmony Ultimate will think that your TV is already powered on and will not turn it on. Other things that can confuse the Harmony Ultimate include inter-device communication that turns devices on or off, such as HDMI-CEC.
Note: If the Harmony Ultimate becomes out of sync with your devices, you can use the Help function on your remote to bring the TV back in sync.
Help: If you have a problem completing an activity function, the help button will guide you through the fix using the interactive multi-color touchscreen display.
Dimensions: Dimension for the Remote, Hub, Charging station, and IR mini-blasters.
- Remote: 2.25″ (w) x 1.25″ (h) x 7.3125″ (d)
- Hub: 4.9375″ (w) x 1.0625″ (h) x 4.6875″ (d)
- Charging Station: 2.9375″ (w) x 2.875″ (h) x 4.5″ (d)
- IR Mini-Blasters: 1.4375″ (w) x 0.5″ (h) x 1.0″ (d); 8′ cable length
There are no reviews yet.