Astell & Kern A&norma SR25 Hi-Res Portable Music Player
- Free Shipping
The SR25 is the second model in the Astell&Kern A&norma standard line.Beginning with the AK70, Astell&Kern’s goal was to bring high resolution audio and the Astell&Kern sound to more music lovers.
This goal continued with the successor to the AK70, the A&norma SR15, and now evolves further as the SR25, a premium product that fully embraces Astell&Kern’s philosophy and technology, now available to the masses. The SR25 is the latest answer to our never-ending question of “How do we get closer to the original sound the artist intended?”
Performance Mode for Ultra High Resolution Sound
The SR25 supports native DSD256 and 32bit/384kHz audio for the first time in an Astell&Kern standard product and boasts performance that cannot be compared with other competitors’ products.
The SR25, which is smaller than other players, has been developed to achieve stable, ultra-high resolution sound. We have developed a new Performance Mode with the SR25 that automatically optimizes and sets the memory mode in the system according to the data size of the source being played.
As the resolution of the sound source increases, it is necessary to process a large amount of data rapidly. If this part is not optimized, sound breakup may occur. To prevent this, the SR25 uses the new Performance Mode to adjust and optimize the system in order to produce near perfect sound quality when playing back high resolution audio.
Perfect Circuit Design for the Highest Sound Quality
Proper playback of DSD256 and 32bit/384kHz digital audio requires a high-performance CPU and fast memory speed, along with an audio path suitable for high-speed signal processing.
Optimizing the length of the audio path is a very important part, as failing to properly do so can create a time delay between the signals resulting in sound abnormalities.
With the SR25, the Astell&Kern team developed a completely different PCB design from the existing SR15 to process the high speed signals where required, resulting in audio path lengths that are the same, allowing for super-high resolution sound without any delay.
Furthermore, newly designed audio patterns and power circuits for distortion-free signal transmission and noise rejection are applied to each channel.
The result is an Ultra Low Noise Filter that allows you experience Astell&Kern’s flawless sound, with Zero Noise, on the SR25.
Experience ultra-high resolution with the SR25’s Performance Mode, which reproduces even the smallest, minute details of the original recording the artist was looking for, without compromise.
Features & Specifications
- General Specifications
- Body ColorMoon Silver
- Body MaterialAluminum
- Display3.6inch WVGA (720 x 1,280) TFT LCD
- Supported Audio FormatsWAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, MQA
- MQA playbackServices(Tidal Masters), Local files, External USB, MQA-CD(ripped)
- Sample ratePCM : 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample) / DSD Native: DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo
- / DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256(1bit 11.2MHz), Stereo
- Output LevelUnbalanced 2.0Vrms / Balanced 4.0Vrms (Condition No Load)
- DACCirrus Logic CS43198 x2 (Dual DAC)
- DecodingSupport up to 32bit / 384kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback
- InputUSB Type-C input (for PC & MAC)
- OutputsUnbalanced Out (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- BluetoothV4.2 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptXTM HD, LDAC)
- Dimensions2.5 ”(63.5 mm) [W] x 4.26 ”(108.3 mm) [H] x 0.63 ”(16.1 mm) [D]
- Weightabout 6.27 oz (about 178 g)
- Feature EnhancementsFirmware upgrades supported (OTA)
- Audio Performance
- Frequency Response±0.014dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.011dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Balanced
- ±0.10dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.12dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz) Balanced
- Signal to Noise Ratio122dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 123dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- Crosstalk-138dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / -144dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- THD+N0.0007% @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 0.0008% @ 1kHz, Balanced
- IMD SMPTE0.0004% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Unbalanced / 0.0003% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Balanced
- Output ImpedanceUnbalanced Out 3.5mm (1.8ohm) / Balanced out 2.5mm (1.6ohm)
- Clock source
- Clock Jitter25ps(Typ)
- Reference Clock Jitter200 Femto Seconds
- Capacity3,150mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Continuous Playback TimeAbout 21 hours (Standard – MUSIC: FLAC, 16-bit/44.1kHz, Unbalance, Volume 50, EQ OFF, LCD
- Charge TimeAbout 2.5 hours (Standard – 5V/2A Charging)
- Built-in Memory64GB [NAND]
- External MemorymicroSD (Max. 1TB) x1
- Supported OSWindows 7,8,10 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up