Focal Elegia Headphones (Open Box)
- Top Seller
- Free Shipping
To enjoy an incredible listening experience in total privacy, without worrying about a noisy environment disturbing this moment of pleasure: this is the promise made and kept by Elegia. In these high-end circum-aural closed-back headphones, we have combined the best of our skilfully created technologies, developed and assembled in our workshops in France. Elegia incorporates a new generation of exclusive full-range speaker drivers capable of operating in a small inner environment whilst ensuring exceptional dynamics and the most precise sound reproduction. Whether it’s the motor, the frameless copper voice coil, the dedicated 110 micron surround or the “M”-shape inverted dome, Elegia’s speaker drivers are a mass of innovation dedicated to sound purity. And when connected to portable audio players, these headphones are incredibly high-performing. Zero resonance, excellent soundproofing: the naturalness and realism of the sound is striking from the first few seconds of listening.
Loading a speaker driver into a “small room” makes it extremely sensitive to its environment. Our engineers’ 40 years of expertise and know-how led to specific work being undertaken on the vents, so as not to limit the frequency response in the low-range and thus properly manage the air flow. With Elegia, there is no resonance to disturb the listening experience. And the closed earpads round off the remarkable soundproofing.
Elegia is equipped with a new generation of electrodynamic transducers which provide great elongation, at the heart of extremely dynamic sound, and a linear, extended frequency response of 23 kHz. The geometry of the new, half-roll NBR surround guarantees a lightweight moving part that is always under control, even at the lowest frequencies and the highest volumes. The sound reproduction is incredibly precise. And thanks to the “M”-shape inverted dome and its larger emissive surface, listening becomes sensational.
With its well-mastered geometry, Elegia’s headband moulds perfectly to the head, providing optimal grip for on-the-go use. The 20mm memory foam microfibre earpads as well as the yoke, which also moulds perfectly to the wearer’s face shape, are both key contributors to the headphones’ supreme comfort. They are also incredibly good-looking: noble materials such as leather, solid aluminium and microfibre finish off Elegia to a tee.
- These headphones require a running-in period in order to operate at their best.
- They will run themselves in naturally after several hours of listening time.
- If you want to speed up the process, we recommend playing very bassy music through them for at least 24 hours at a relatively high volume.
- This will stabilise the speaker drivers and allow you to get the very best out of your headphones.
Features & Specifications
• High-end closed-back design for home use and on-the-go
• Exclusive full-range speaker-driver with an ‘M’-shape aluminium/magnesium dome (patent pending)
• Incredible tonal balance, which is able to reproduce the subtlest sound details at both very high and very low
• Excellent performance when connected to a portable audiophile player.
• Very good ambient noise soundproofing
• Comfortable and ergonomic
Type Circum-aural closed back headphones
Impedance 35 Ohms
Sensitivity 105 dB SPL / 1 mW @ 1 kHz
THD 0.1 % @ 1 kHz / 100 dB SPL
Frequency response 5 Hz-23 kHz
Speaker driver 1.57″ (40 mm) ‘M’-shape Aluminium/
Weight 0.95 lbs (430 g)
3.94 feet (1.2 m) asymmetric cable
(0.14″ – 3.5 mm TRS jack).
0.14″ (3.5 mm) to 0.25″ (6.35 mm)
stereo jack adapter.
Hard-shell carry case provided 10″ x 9″ x 5″ (250 x 240 x 120 mm)